Anthemion Auctions is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This webpage tells you the data protection and privacy practices for anthemionauctions.com, specifically:
- What personally identifiable information is collected
- Which organisation is collecting this information
- How this information is used
- Our policy on sharing this information
- How we protect your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in this information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the “Act”), the data controller is Anthemion Auctions (“Anthemions”, “Anthemion Auctions”, “us”, “our” or “we”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Children (under 18s) are not eligible to use our services and should not submit any personal information to anthemionauctions.com.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
anthemionauctions.com does not actively track you as an individual.
Should you send us an email via our contact form, your name, email address and message will be emailed to us (as you would expect). This information is kept private. We will store this information within our own email system so that we are able to respond to you.
Should you comment on a post or web page on this site, then your name, email address, IP address and message will be stored in our website database. This makes your name, website address and comment (but not your email address) viewable by the general public on the website.
The website does use some cookies when you browse this website. These are used to ensure proper running of this website, and also to help us improve your experience when browsing.
We do not use 3rd Party / Tracking / Advertising cookies.
NONE OF THE INFORMATION WE GATHER VIA COOKIES IDENTIFIES YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL – IT IS ALL ENTIRELY ANONYMOUS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
Anthemion Auctions monitors visits to the Website, in order to ensure that it is easy to navigate, identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally improve the Website and services offered. The information we collect in this process, will not identify you as an individual and it does not seek to identify individual visitors unless they volunteer their contact details through one of the forms on the Website.
In some circumstances, Anthemion’s records may identify organisations visiting the Website and we may use that information in managing our relationship with those organisations, for example, in considering how to develop the services that we offer.
We may collect the following information from you regarding:
- any business information that you submit such us the name of your company and/or trading name (contact person and position within the company, website address, type of activity of your company and the number of employees) and your full professional address with contact details and email address;
- information that you provide by filling in forms, submitting bids, valuation requests or information over the phone, by post, email, fax or on the Website. This includes, but may not be limited to information provided on registration, subscribing to any one of our services, through surveys, or by requesting services from us;
- if you contact us, whether through the Website or otherwise (for example, by post, email, fax, phone, text message) we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, if you submit a bid, a valuation request, a query, report a problem with our service or Website, or otherwise liaise with us, we may keep a record of this/these interactions;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in this Website;
- details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
The above information may include any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information collected as set out in the above list.
HOW MIGHT WE USE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We may process this information for the purpose of:
- informing you about new auctions, new lots for auction, and other services provided by us that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information about special features on the Website, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- providing and personalising our products or services;
- providing you access to all parts or features of our services or the Website;
- communicating with you on any matter relating to the provision of Anthemion auctions or other services;
- dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting you if necessary;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- processing your payments;
- contacting you for your views on our services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services or the Website;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- improving and developing our services or the Website;
- ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
If you prefer not to receive information from Anthemion Auctions for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, (e.g. the order form or registration form) if applicable, or send an e-mail message to email@example.com at any time.
We may also gather information and statistics, for the purposes of monitoring the usage of the Website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We have put in place various security procedures with regards to the Website and your electronic communications with us, as set out in this policy.
Please be aware however that communications over the internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered to us, as is the nature of the World Wide Web/internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ information.
anthemionauctions.com uses best endeavours to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information but we do not use encryption (such as SSL) or firewalls to further protect the information as it travels across the Internet. We do not believe that the personal information we collect warrants this level of security. It is important to be aware that there is no such thing as “perfect internet security”.
TO WHOM WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory rules/codes or where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- to a competent authority in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- to our employees;
- where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law;
- to other third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us;
- to prospective sellers or buyers of our business or any of our assets.
Anthemion Auctions takes reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal information which you provide, is used only for the purposes set out in these conditions. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS WITH RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to Anthemion Auctions, 15 Norwich Road, Cardiff, CF23 9AB or firstname.lastname@example.org please quote your name and address.
We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative and postal costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
In the event that the purposes for processing your personal information change, we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent for the new purposes, where such new purposes relate to a new additional purpose for processing, which is not compatible or similar to the originally specified purposes.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you accessed the third party website using links on our Website. We highly recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website(s) if you have any questions or concerns. In addition, if you clicked on a link on another website, which brought you to www.anthemionauction.com, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of that third party website. Again, please contact the website owner or operator with any queries you may have.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Copyright © 2018 Anthemion Auctions